Simply put, a 3PL, (third-party logistics) is a provider of outsourced logistics services. Also known as TPL, the process is part of an organization’s logistics and supply chain management, where it outsources elements of its distribution and fulfillment services.
A 3PL company would provide services such as: warehousing, shipment, fulfillment, inventory management, and other value-added activities in order to meet and exceed customer demands.
At NGL (Network Global Logistics), our warehousing services include:
- Public warehousing
- Dry goods storage
- Industrial products handling
- Container loading / unloading
- Break bulk and cross-docking
With regards to fulfillment, our timesaving services include:
- Warehousing of products and advertising materials
- Pick and pack
- Custom packaging
- Kit assembly
- Mailing services
- Worldwide distribution
Benefits of Using a 3PL Company
There are numerous benefits / advantages for a business to utilize the services of a 3PL company.
- Core Competency: Outsourcing logistical undertakings to a 3PL company allows a business to focus on its core activities and in growing their enterprise!
- Expertise: For most businesses, logistical operations can at times fall beyond their remit. A 3PL company is on the other hand well-experienced to handle all logistical requirements, and are also equipped with the latest technology & infrastructure to offer a superior and efficient service, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Cost-Saving: 3PL companies can offer lower transportation rates due to the high volume of consignments they deal with. Furthermore, a 3PL company helps eliminate an organization’s need to invest in transportation, warehouse space, technology, and staff in order to execute essential supply chain management processes.
- Scalability: 3PL firms offer businesses the ability to scale as and when required, in accordance to their inventory requirements. This is ideal for those organizations who operate seasonally. In addition, 3PL companies also have access to numerous distribution centres around the country, and even worldwide. This allows a business to comfortably grow into various regions and / or test new markets with low barriers of entry.
Contact Network Global Logistics today to see how we can help maximize your organization’s supply chain management.